Friday, April 24, 2009

'Joe Sleeping' - Story of the making of



I love to use colored pencil to draw people, I'll just pick up a pencil and get the outlines then finish the drawing using colored pencil at a latter time. I find it very easy to take the colored pencils with me everywhere I go, so when I was visiting Joe I had them with me. Joe had started not feeling well, and decided to sleep late. I of course was pouting and wanted him to wake up, only he didn't. So me being board silly decided to get my pad and paper out, and went and sat on the floor beside the bed, and started to draw Joe sleeping. I thought he looked soo cute I just couldn't resist. It was latter when I went home that I used the colored pencils to color him in. Like any artist when I'm inspired to draw something, first I sketch what I see, then later, I modify certain things in the drawing, while keeping it real. I also will use photos to draw from, which I will share in another Blog. Here is a picture of Joe for you to compare. Do you think it looks like him? If you would like me to do a drawing of you or your loved ones, then you can email me at skayc1@yahoo.com or go to my Etsy account and choose from what I have offerred, I will be putting up more of my art on etsy as time goes by. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7175191 I also make Jewelry as well !

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Sharon.. you are my kind of person! You follow thru. Way to go girlfriend. This looks great. Very proffessional. Now go to other blogs, leave comments on their art/blog, but not your blog address. They can click on your icon and go to this blog. (I read in one blog book it's not nice to advertise your blog address in a comment.) xo PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, first let me thank you for stopping by for a visit, and hope you will come by again. As for your pencil drawings, you are quite good! You remind me of my sister, she used to do that in her younger days. keep up the good work!...debbie

    ReplyDelete