Sunday, February 19, 2012

HandMade Crafts By Skayc1- Sharon Kay Cloud's Art - site


Lately I've been doing more Artwork, making customized color pencil drawings, Portraits in particular of families or from special events. A friend I knew from High School has been trying to help me promote my art, she liked it so much she commissioned me to draw one for her, since then I've mainly drawn family members. I like looking at photographs, then drawing the person/people. I try to capture more than just an image, I enjoying capturing the 'personality'. I'm finding I love using Prismacolor Pencils, plus good quality paper. I recently got a 14 x 17 drawing pad, and have found that getting a copy made for my records is harder at that size. I was very nervous letting "Kinko's" place my most recent drawing, on their drum roller copy machine. If they damaged it, It would be lost, I could try to make another, it just wouldn't be the same. When it comes to printing my copy of my original work, even the places such as "Kinko's" can't quite get the blues just right, it misses some of the yellows as well. I've found only one place that can get the colors close to matching my drawings, and that is postnet. They were closed this past Saturday, so I was not able to find out if they could scan the larger size. I liked the detail I was able to get with the 14 x 17 drawing, so if I have to scan it at one place, then print it at another I will. I just need to learn how to price my work, seems I had them priced too low.

No comments:

Post a Comment