Thursday, January 27, 2011

Avocados growing nicely and other updates.

The first two avocados that I grew from the pit have gotten tall! I had them on top of a bunk bed that I dont use which is close to the window, and moved them. I'm letting them grow some before pruning them once again. I've pruned them several times already and I'll prune them again before moving them outside in may. I'm also planning on re-potting them to a bigger container when the weather is warmer as well.
The leaves have gotten huge, and these two are growing fast. That's a snake plant near them and 4 amaryllises. Two of the amaryllises already bloomed, then got attacked by a paint brush, and grew seed pods that have already cracked open. I'll plant the seeds soon.
Here are my plants on top of the bunk bed, the two nearest the ceiling are the ones I moved.
I also use a phillips grow light in the room.
I grew some pear some pear seeds in my refrigerator, along with some other seeds. One Rose and Three of the pear seeds have germinated inside the fridge. I'll bring most of the seeds out of my fridge at the end of feb, beginning of march.
My trailor will start getting warmer inside during that time. I need a grow matt to try to germinate seed. Also I have tons of seeds that I'm going to winter sow. I planted spring flowering bulbs in containers last fall and have left them outside. The sneaky daffodils tried to send up their stalks in December, only to be put on hold my Mister Winter. I've sucefully sprouted two fuzzy kiwi- 3 others dampened off.
My rose seedling might not make it, It's not been doing well, it too looks like it's dampening off, I do not know if I sprinkled cinnamon on the soil soon enough. Cinnamon is a natural fungicide and dampening off is caused by a fungus.







No comments:

Post a Comment