Monday, August 30, 2010

Little Avocado seedlings first Pruning


Today I went to look at the avocado seedling that I have been growing. It's been about a month and a half since I started the first two seedlings using my damp paper towel and ziplock baggie method. The plants are about 6 inches now, and while I don't think I should cut them in half as others do, I did decide to give them a good pruning, just the tips mind you. I'll bring them inside in about two weeks cause It gets cold here in the winter, and they would never survive the snow. Instead of pinching the tops off, I simply snipped the tops off. I wonder if I should do the same for my mango seedlings?



2 comments:

  1. Is there an update on your Avacado plant for 2012?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sadly when I got sick in 2012, they didn't survive.

      Delete