Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mother's Day Necklace


I was trying to decide what to get for my mother for Mother's Day, and because I do not have alot of money, I decided to make her something. I looked through the beads I have, and choose one of the new heart shaped beads that I had gotten when I went to get Jewelry making supplies last week. I also choose some blue and white seed beads, and some beads a little bit bigger that had blue and off white colors. So I made the'charm' part that I hung the glass heart shaped bead, then started with the seed beads in a blue and white pattern alternating with the slightly larger beads and increasing the number of seed beads as I added more beads to the necklace. I worked from both ends of necklace, with the heart charm in the middle, making it symmetrical. of course at one point added my 'flaw' seed bead. Then I used crimp beads and toggle clasp to finish the necklace, with a crimp bead cover as well. If you like this and want one like it email me at skayc1@yahoo.com, and I will make one for you. I am not at this time posting this on Etsy, unless someone wants me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment